Cofina is a proudly Ecuadorian family company which process and exports cocoa products. Its founder, Carlos Zambrano, is a visionary entrepreneur of the Ecuadorian cocoa sector. When he was 18 years old, he decided to opt for the Ecuadorian “Pepa de Oro” (Golden Seed) and started as marketer, then he became an exporter and finally he organized Chocolates Finos Nacionales – COFINA S. A. with his sons. The company is currently in charge of the second and third generation of the Zambrano family.
We are an Ecuadorian Company engaged in the manufacture and marketing of cocoa beans and their semifinished products fulfilling high standards of quality and food safety through a sustainable, socially responsible and environmentally friendly work to ensure the confidence and satisfaction of our customers.
Our challenge is to be internationally recognized as a processor and traders of chocolates exceeding the expectations of our consumers in quality and flavor, strengthening inclusive business with our suppliers and innovating technological processes.
INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT POLICY
CHOCOLATES FINOS NACIONALES COFINA S.A., is a Company engaged in the manufacture and marketing of cocoa beans and their semifinished products in order to serve local and international demanding markets.
COFINA S. A., on basis of this policy undertakes to:
- Deliver safe products of good quality to our customers.
- Comply with the laws and regulations in force as well as the requirements of the relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain an interactive communication regarding dangers related with food safety and quality requirements.
- Prioritize occupational safety and health of their workers.
- Contribute to the preservation of the environment.
- Continuos improvement of its process, technologies and human resources through its management systems.